Thursday, May 14, 2009

Union with a beloved


Bismillah.
*******
The source of my suffering and loneliness is deep in my heart.
This is a disease no doctor can cure.
Only Union with the Friend can cure it.
(Rabi´a al-Adawiyya, translation Andrew Harvey & Eryk Hanut - 'Perfume of the Desert)
*******
He am I whom I love,
He whom I love is I,
Two Spirits in one single body dwelling.
So seest thou me, then seest thou Him,
And seest thou Him,
then seest thou Us.
(Mansur al-Hallaj, translation Martin Lings/Sidi Abu Bakar Sirajudin)
*******
No difference,
but it was Myself that loved Myself,
And there is nothing with Me in the world but I,
No thoughts of with-ness trespass mine intelligence.
(Ibn al-Farid, translation Martin Lings)
*******
O son,
know that the beloved whose union you seek,
is none other than the Beloved,
for there is only One Love,
One Love for all,
One Love for the One;
So, know who is it that you love,
and know who is the real I who love.
(E. Ismail)

No comments:

Post a Comment