Saturday, January 9, 2010

Marhaban Ya Habib Umar, Marhaban!


Bismillah
Marhaban!
Welcome O Habib, O Sayyid!
Welcome to Malaysia!
Needless to say
we're humbled by your presence O Mawla
Attar of Tarim you are

My heart rolls out a long carpet of humility
so you may step on my evil nature
I hum a melody of remorse
so you guide me tawbah nasuha
Though I see you only from afar

I wish I could stand close
so you be my mirror
show me where all my warts are

I hereby register my love for awliya
for all to see and hear
They may not read
but it does not matter

My soul has flown to the skies
even faster than these words are written
So Heaven knows
I am a lover.

2 comments:

  1. Salam,
    "My heart rolls out a long carpet of humility
    so you may step on my evil nature
    I hum a melody of remorse
    so you guide me tawbah nasuha
    Though I see you only from afar"

    Yes you are a true lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This is a super late reply. I just saw this. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete