Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ikhwan Muslimin - Friends in Faith


Bismillah.

O son, we have met and will meet many people in our journey to the Lord of Truth. Some crossed our path and stopped by, seemingly for a good intention. And then we come to realize that they are not that genuine afterall. So we move on. Some are simply sincere and loveable. I have quoted Hassan al-Basri before, how much he treasures friends in faith more than his family. 

One friend whom I will testify as a friend in faith is Syed Mustafa. He is among the crowd in the picture above.  One who despite being a male has shown me so much adab and politeness than any other male friend I have ever known. I can actually say  the same about several other brothers among the Naqshbandi fellowship. Alhamdulillah. As a woman (and single), I have met many who are not worth mentioning here. So it soothes my heart to have made valuable friendships with some honorable men like Syed Mustafa.

I have every reason to believe that he comes from a respectable lineage. His spiritual experiences and amazing dreams are proof that he is a man of taqwa. I just want to say thanks to him publicly for the words of advice and encouragement that he has been giving me. May we belong with one of the 7 groups of people whom Allah promise protection on the Day of Resurrection - that is two friends who meet and part for the sake of Allah. Ameen.

The Imam of the Naqshbandi Tariqa, Shaykh Bahauddin Naqshbandi said:
"طريقتنا الصحبة والخير في الجمعية
Tariqatuna as-suhbah wa'l-khayru fi'l- jam`iyyah
“Our way is fellowship, and the goodness is in the gathering.”
__________________________________
p/s Brother Syed, please come visit us in KL again and again! My love to you, your family and Sis Rizwana too.

No comments:

Post a Comment