Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Marhaban - Shaykh Yusuf Bakhour al-Hassani

Bismillah.

We are pleased to announce a special event is taking place on Saturday, 5th June 2010 (after Maghrib) at KL Ba'alawi. Shaykh Yusuf Bakhour al-Hassani of Lebanon will be there leading a Majlis Ta'lim, InshaAllah.

Three things immediately come to mind at the mention of his name.
1. His gorgeous presence. MashaAllah!

2. The wirid practised by Imam Sahl al-Tustari which he had taught the audience at Al-Jenderami in 2007.
Allahu shahidi
Allahu naziri
Allahu ma'ie
Allah is watching me
Allah is my witness
Allah is with me!

3. Ananiyah.
During a visit to KL Ba'alawi in December 2009, Shaykh Yusuf said,  "leave your ananiyah." "The only hurdle that hinders man from achieving mahabbatullah (the love of Allah) is his nafs ananiyah or I-ness. The haqiqat of mahabbatullah is to remove one's "self". This is achieved through mujahadatun nafs (the battle of the self). We must leave ana (I), our 'self', our I-ness. Leave the feeling that we are the doer, the feeling that 'I am doing something'. If you could mujahadah (strive) to leave this ananiyah, you will achieve pure happiness."
Marhaban Ya Habib!
Praise be to Allah that KL Ba'alawi has become
a wonderful meeting place with habaib we so love and adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment