Thursday, November 4, 2010

The blessing of youth

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah, I am indeed pleased to have received a message from a youth; humbled to know that someone her age is keen on religion and that she finds Lisan al-Din useful. Alhamdulillah

Knowing her name puts a smile on my face. That's because I mention na'imah everytime I take my wudu' (ablution). Alhamdulillah, it has become a habit to make du'a each time I wash my face so that He makes it na'imah, nadhirah and musfirah on the Day of Resurrection Ameen.

 وُجُوهٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ نَّاعِمَةٌ
(Surah Al-Ghasyiyah 88:8)
"Other faces on that day will be radiant with bliss (na'imah)."
- Tafsir Sahl al-Tustari.

Tafsir Jalalayn defined na'imah as 'delicate/fair'. Abdullah Yusuf Ali and Marmaduke Pickthall translated it as 'calm'. Mufti Muhammad Taqi Uthmani defined it as 'full of glamor'.

When a lady as young as Naeema wrote to me, I couldn't help but feel sad thinking about my lost youth, the time I had wasted when I was her age. So I feel a strong urge to advise, although some people would argue that I am not qualified to counsel others. But I am 40 and I sincerely wish to tell someone who is in her 20s to not repeat my mistake. In the name of Allah, I wish all the young people would value their age and not waste their youth. Please...please...spend your time wisely. Busy yourself with acquiring knowledge and most important of all, choose your friends carefully! Enjoin with the righteous. Avoid bad company. Take care of yourself, your body, your beauty. Pray Allah garb you with good behaviors and bless you with a countenance that is na'imah, nadhirah and musfirah, especially in the hereafter.

"Some faces on that day, that is, on the Day of Resurrection,
will be radiant, fair and resplendent (nadhirah)." (Quran 75:22)

"On that day some faces will be shining radiant (musfirah)." (Quran 80:38)

Bi-iznillah. InshaAllah.













Credit: www.altafsir.com

No comments:

Post a Comment