Friday, December 10, 2010

Sohba Friends

Bismillah.

The Imam of the Naqshbandi Order said:
طريقتنا الصحبة والخير في الجمعية 
Tariqatuna as-suhbah wa'l-khayru fi 'l jam`iyyah
“Our way is fellowship, and the goodness is in the gathering.”

Definition of Fellowship:
1. The companionship of individuals in a pleasant atmosphere.
2. A close association of friends sharing similar interests.

Alhamdulillah, I have been privileged to attend Shaykh Hisham's sohbet since day 1 he's in KL. It's been absolutely wonderful. I am happy to share some of my treasured moments captured in the past few nights.


Will be missing you S.
No more whirling dervish to entertain us.

All sweaty after hadrah. By far the most fun evening.
M is a visitor of Lisan al-Din,
we got in touch and met for the first time at the gathering,
MashaAllah, I was delighted, to say the least.


The coolest person I hang out with tonight was Tok Jah.
My late grandmother was also Tok Jah!
She traveled all the way from Kedah
to follow Shaykh Hisham's sohbet for the first time
She's in her 80s and is very excited about the events.
'Where are we going tomorrow night', she asked.

Tonight, Shaykh Hisham Kabbani made us say:
Shukran lillah
Alhamdulillah
for all the wonderful blessings of the tariqah.

Shukran lillah. Alhamdulillah!

5 comments:

  1. Mashallah! You look very radiant! I hope the sobhets bring much barakah in this blessed Muharram.

    You look very radiant and lovely in these pictures!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashaAllah tabarakallah!
    Sweety R, sometimes, the camera lets me look better than I do in person.

    Wish you a blessed Muharram too.
    Be happy ok, it's a good year bi-iznillah.
    Hugs,
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a good camera then for you look radiant each and every time! Its a sad fact and one I do not mind sharing, for when people miss friends they look back at their memoriblia! Now and again I save your pictures in my friends folder - well you are my friend in faith and I carry your words everywhere. More recently Ilahi anta maqsudi, wa ridhoka matlubi. It has changed my Muharram.

    I am interested in why you say (with much confidence) I might add why this is a happy year? Your confidence is contagious I feel somewhat positive (and sometimes not so) and wish that this year is best than the last - for then I will know inshallah it will be great! :p

    I had the blessed opportunity to make it to a weekend retreat - another Shakyh someone I have not met before but well respected and known. We all did Qiyam-al-layal and for some reason you came into my head, and one friend did a dua for me in a special manner and I did it for you, I prayed for you in sujood the closest a person can be to Allah swt. Many gems encountered this weekend, it was a short and sweet encountered for the weather forced us to close it early. But nevertheless I am grateful to Allah swt for the time I did receive the one day felt and a long week. One key thing I recall the Shakyh said are you aware in sujood your heart is higher than your head? I did not, I found it profound.

    May Allah swt maintain your smile,
    thinking of you always and hugs back

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MashaAllah, tabarakallah!
    My dear Sister R,
    Thank you very... very... much from the bottom of my heart for having made a special du'a for me. May Allah grant you a whole lot more than what you'd wished for me. MashaAllah Sister R, you are so thoughtful and kind. I need all the du'a I could get you know. You are indeed a friend in faith. I've come to know many people over this space, some may appear good on the surface but in reality they tend to drag you to negativity, that's why it's important to always surround ourselves with good friends who remind one another constantly. We are weak, we get influenced easily. Let's continue to pray, Rabbi habli hukman wa al hiqni bis solehin. May Allah increase us in wisdom and enjoin us with the righteous.

    Yes that du'a too - Ilahi anta maqsudi wa ridhoka matlubi. We need to keep reminding ourselves of our true goal. InshaAllah.

    Thanks again, you are a gem!
    Lots of love,
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete
  5. R, thanks for that sweet gesture of yours - keeping my pic in your friends folder : D
    May Allah preserve your beautiful heart!
    Hugs,
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete