Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Allah is fair and all-knowing


Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah, I just wanted to record my witnessing of how fair Allah is and all-knowing. This is a bit personal but it's worth sharing as we reflect upon life's drama and Allah's af'al

Alhamdulillah, my parents trained me to respect guests especially if they are spiritually learned, InshAllah. One ustadh once offered and promised to bring a renowned shaykh to my house for a majlis. Needless to say, I got very excited so for weeks I spent time and energy cleaning the house, moved the furniture around, polished the glasswares, rearranged some heavy plant pots and whatnot, and even stood in the hot sun to paint the front gate and fence all by myself. Alas, the shaykh didn't turn up, but he was not to blame. I later learned that the ustadh was actually known for being careless and unreliable in his words. That was, in fact, my third experience being misled by a 'pious' man.

Then recently a shaykh said he would visit our family on a specified date. So I baked some cakes, decorated the house and bought a bouquet of lilies and his favorite tea, etc. Alas, he didn't turn up.  I excused him the first time. Then he set a date again, so I baked cakes and bought some lilies again. But he failed to turn up! But I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he's a shaykh. Then he promised to come for the third and fourth time, so I baked cakes and bought lilies yet again. But again for the third and fourth time, he broke his promise! I finally let go!

For several days my mind boggled why a shaykh would do such a thing. Alhamdulillah, Allah gave the strength to move on. Alhamdulillah amidst the thorns, Allah gives us some beautiful roses - genuine friends whose prayers and support we could benefit from. Friends who simply soothe our hearts.

Today, a friend who has just got back from hajj, a hafiz who never boasted about his spiritual knowledge but whose actions speak louder (volunteers as imam and teaches Quran to children in his spare time) one who lives 10,000 miles away, today, this friend of mine surprised me with a bouquet of lilies! Allahu Akbar!

I have witnessed repeatedly how Allah is fair, for every wound He inflicts on you, He sends a cure.
SubhanAllah!

2 comments:

  1. assalamualaikum
    Irrespective of what u wear, how pious u look, Allah knows better.When a person break his promise again & again , to me he has a munafikun character . Stay away from such people.Something is wrong with him although u can forgive him

    ReplyDelete
  2. AlaykumSalam warahmatullah,
    Thanks Awid, I appreciate your advice and concern. You are so right.
    It's all behind me now. AlHamdulillah. Perhaps it's a lesson I needed.
    Religion is simply good counsel. I'm grateful for all good advice people give to me and surely I'm grateful for good companions around me albeit virtually. AlHamdulillah.
    Thank you.
    E

    ReplyDelete