Friday, December 9, 2011

When my heart hums | As the curtain falls

Bismillah.

How I wish you could hear the hummings in my heart tonight. I wish I could sing out loud beautifully, for you. Thankfully, certain things need not be articulated yet we could convey a message, like the words people say in between the lines. Certain things need not be spoken yet we could relate good feelings to the recipient, like a smile. Mother Theresa said "everytime you smile at someone, it's an action of love, a gift, a beautiful thing."

My heart hums the songs of life we have sung this year. So many months have passed. Tears fell. And those burst of laughters. Alhamdulillah ala kulli hal. Praise be to Allah in all circumstances, He is Time after all.

And my heart hums...
O Lord,
I know of my sins
seek You while in pain
stray in times of joy
I am not saying I know You
a sinner seeking redemption
begging Your glance of mercy
lest I hum melodies of agony

O Lord,
forgive my fingers
for composing lines unbecoming of me
let the curtain falls
so I may put the pen down
and come to You, done!

O Lord,
when my heart hums
only You could hear
let them judge
let them whisper
into Your arms I surrender

-E-

Disclaimer:
The guitar is not mine.
I am not a musician.


No comments:

Post a Comment