"Seek a good position with Allah, not with people, seek that you are called a Taqi (pious) by Allah, not by people. Try to get mentioned in heavens more than on earth. When you mention Allah Ta'ala, you will be mentioned by Him in a way He knows, and the inhabitants of heavens will mention you. This is a great honor. Bring tranquility to your soul by offering prayers always. Illuminate your heart with increasing the salat and salam on the Beloved Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa aalihi wa salam. Keep your tongue always moisten with dhikr and your thoughts occupied with the remembrance of Allah."- Shaykh Muhammad bin Yahya An-Ninowy Al-Husayni.
Subhanallah, if you are looking for or considering some great stuff to be listed as your new year's resolution, look no further than what the venerable Shaykh Ninowy said. I reckon six resolutions below [which have been adapted from the shaykh's words], are all we need for the new year and each and every new year bi-iznillah.
1. Be a Taqi in His eyes.
2. Strive to be popular in heavens more than on earth by mentioning Him much.
3. Offer prayers to keep your soul tranquil.
4. Make more salawat for Rasulullah s.a.w.
5. Let the tongue busies itself with dhikir.
6. Diligently occupy your thoughts with Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.
Credit: Sister Umm Noor Sidek
Pic credit: Iqrasense.com