Thursday, January 17, 2013

A plain day | A mother's boundless love | God's gifts

Bismillah.

Monday - apart from getting an iPhone 5, was a plain day. Tuesday - a plain day. A plain day is defined as a day when you dive in an ocean called work. The Work Ocean is the 8th ocean, neighboring the Pacific Ocean. Ah, excuse my rambling. When the mental faculty gets exhausted, one may go linguistically berserk. For God's sake, it's only the 3rd week of January.

Still, Alhamdulillah that He gives us a sound mind and body and makes us clever enough to do our work and then He grants us provision thereby SubhanAllah! He is forever giving. 

So never mind the intermittent migraine/headaches that many of us suffer from. Oh, maybe it's time to see the best neurologist in KL - my all time favorite doctor - Dr. Abu Salim of Tawakkal Hospital. It's only fair that I reciprocate his kind words for me. [Yes Doc, the feeling is mutual.]

"Encouragement is a bright spot in an otherwise plain day." says my fave tweet-er Steve Gutzler.

Yes, we all need some kind of encouragement to brighten up a plain day. So this week, apart from Monday, I did encounter "encouragement" on Wednesday (yesterday) - at a bakery. The cashier had a stack of his son's resume with her so that each and everyone who buys bread will be asked about a job opportunity for his son. MashaAllah! "My eldest son has just graduated from college. He is kind of timid so I must do this to help him find a job," she told me matter-of-fact-ly. 

Ahah! Coincidentally as I type these words, my mother just made me some ginger ale. That's it. That's the universal fact we all know and appreciate more than words can say - a mother's love is boundless. And they are our eternal source of encouragement. Alhamdulillah.

Hmm...will I ever become a mother? That is for Him to decide for I have sold/traded myself to Him. Anything You Wish, my Lord!

At the moment, let's just rejoice in what looks like more bounties on the way. Allah Kareem! And because I am happy about some more good bounties around the corner, I think I'll bake 'Beef Wellington' one of these days.

Excuse me for this first nonsensical rambling for 2013. But here's a serious parting message: Allah says in Surah Ad-Duha: "And proclaim the bounty of your Lord."

The iPhone 5 gift from my outstanding employer to each one of us.
By the way, we are the only company in the world
to have achieved growth
in 26 consecutive quarters!
Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah

No comments:

Post a Comment