Friday, October 25, 2013

Good Morning from KL | Being grateful


KL - 25 Oct 2013 @ 6.33 am
Bismillah.

Good morning from KL :)
Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. Shouldn't we be grateful? Alhamdulillah Allah gives us sufficient intelligence and good health so that we can be gainfully employed. And for those who are employed, it's pay-day for some of you. For those who are unemployed, I know how you feel, I'd experienced that. Pray Allah will open up a door or maybe doors! Sometimes He "withdraws" temporarily, in order to give you more. For those who are self-employed, you have more reasons to rejoice because doing business is sunnah. Don't ask me for supporting facts but I read about it when I was at a hospital waiting to do Lasik test.

Oh, those of you who may be reading from your hospital bed, I wish you a speedy recovery. May it be a cleansing process zahir and batin. Those of you who may be reading this blog with a not-so-healthy intention towards me, I forgive you :)

Life is like that, there are people who like you, there are people who dislike you. But so long as we are not in this world to be liked all the time, wanting to be popular, expecting praise from people, we really should not mind if some people dislike us. You might remember one recent posting about Shaykh Fahmi Zamzam al-Maliki saying in Malay "ghaibkan pandangan manusia terhadapmu" meaning: be oblivious of people's perceptions towards you. I think it takes a lot of practice. So everytime you face this "people challenge", be positive. It's just another opportunity for you to practice what Shaykh Fahmi was saying.

And surely you all know the saying by Eleanor Roosevelt: "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Jummah Mubarak people!
I gotta run, go buy capati for my dearest mother :)
Thank you Allah for my mother!

Wassalamualaikum warahmatullah.


No comments:

Post a Comment