Thursday, October 3, 2013

Singapore: Our usual stops

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah we were able to travel safely to and from Singapore - me, my mother and a friend, Dr. N. 

I am not sure if Dr. N was a blog reader first and then a friend, or the reverse. Anyway, it was an honor to be 'travel khadam' to her and my mother. 

We went to our usual stops in Singapore: the Arab Street & the tombs. What's in Arab Street? 
The Silk Studio - carries very pretty scarfs.
Manusha & Trendi Fabrics  - owned by a Muslim revert, Murjani and his wonderful staffs. Beautiful chiffon at SGD 10 per meter. Browse lovely German and Louis Vuitton laces while drinking Masala tea, on the house. 
Wardah Books - of course.
Rumi Cafe - excellent Moussaka.  
Haji Tawakal Carpets - they can supply you a runner any length you want.
Sleepy Kiwi Backpacker Hostel - Clean, dirt cheap + healthy breakfast.  
But if you wish to experience stellar service, then Shangri-la is the place.
Anglia - chic Muslimah boutique.
Zamzam/Victory/Islamic Biryani House - a must for biryani and murtabak.
Masjid Sultan - it goes without saying that it is a compulsory stop.

The Tombs:
Habib Noh
Puteri Radin Mas Ayu

I am a little exhausted from travelling and moving into a new abode, so here are some photos for you. I don't intend to impress our Singaporean readers but I hope to entice others to visit the tombs especially.

Wardah - always an inspiring stop.
Hopefully people from all over the world will visit
Wahhada Book Cafe in KL too.
Opening in Dec InshaAllah.
[p/s If you like my scarf and handbag, do visit Malaysia's Johor Premium Outlet]
Dr. N's first time at Maqam Habib Noh.
 If you think Habib Noh is great,
know that he used to be khadam
at the maqam of Puteri Radin Mas Ayu.
So we learned from Pak Daeng
the caretaker for 13 years and running.
Maqam Puteri Radin Mas Ayu
at the foothill of Mount Faber.
Below is her story.
A great love story.
A great father & daughter story. 
Click to enlarge and read.

What is your story? There is nothing special about mine. Just living. If some people think I am not what I appear to be, let it be. It may not be appropriate but let me quote a buddy who quoted Marilyn Monroe:

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

LOL
Chill people, chill! And mind your own business.
I am minding Wahhada Book Cafe and Exa Publishing.
Alhamdulillah.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment