Friday, February 14, 2014

The Goodword Express

Bismillah.

I will be honest with you as I have always been. I was working on some maths on how to achieve 1 million dollar savings in a couple of years. That is a convenient distraction from a deep-seated unsettled feeling of not having the inspiration to write. Then my mother came by and asked "Are you writing for Lisan". My reply of "yeah..yeah.." obviously was untrue. Then she said, I should write something.

So I wrote yesterday's posting not because I had anything worthy to write. It was purely driven by my mother's appeal. The point I wanted to make is: I love my mother. I know she loves me unconditionally. Good things are driven by love. Love motivates people. I say, love motivates people better than money. And I think no one wants to exchange love with money. That's not a good trade ever.

***
A dear reader sent me an apt reminder:
"Work for a cause, not applause
Live life to express, not to impress
Don't strive to make your presence noticed
Just make your absence felt"

Yes we should live life to express. Express more love that is. Just by the sound of it, express means giving out or giving away as opposed to impress, which indicates an inward direction instead of an outward gesture. 

When we have a million dollar savings, we can spend it for a good cause, a lot more. That's expressing with money. That's expressing with actions.

The least we could do before expressing with such an action, is to express with words, good words that is. 
It's like already being rich and having our own locomotive named - The Goodword Express.

It's Friday 3.35 am, never mind my rambling.
Jumaah Mubarrak.
Wassalamualaikum warahmatullah.


No comments:

Post a Comment