Sunday, April 13, 2014

Reflections | Seeing double

Bismillah.


Oh oh oh...am seeing double on account of hectic work. It's definitely not a typical Sunday. The above picture is a pretty reflection that caught these tired eyes as I rest in my hotel room before running to level 30 in the next building. Been running around and I just needed to get the stress out of my system. Thanks folks, for being a sounding board, in a way. The best thing about having a blog is that, all you have to do is hit the keyboard.

Being busy with work is very good. In fact, it's a good escape especially if you have to deal with some "interesting" personalities e.g. people who are compulsive liars even in their 50s. May God forgive them and forgive us, we all have weaknesses.  

People of different ages behave differently, naturally. This morning I received a thought provoking message from a wise old friend who had just performed umrah. He said something which got me thinking. He said what sounded like his reflections from the umrah: "Returning to the source is all about returning to Allah in its absoluteness. Man does not exist. At death this is the central theme. Slight deviations has untold and long time consequences, thousands of years."

Slight deviations? I can imagine myself lost wandering for thousands of years.

May Allah guide us and forgive us weaklings.
Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment