Friday, June 6, 2014

Catharsis | Demur | Lamb marinade

Bismillah.

Ca-thar-sis.

Oooh...that's a big word for someone like me, someone who didn't know what mangrove was. A graduate of a prominent uni in England is of the opinion that writing is a catharsis to this faqir. Hmm...I will have to meditate on what he really meant by that and contemplate on the word catharsis - do this while eating mango, that would be nice LOL.

Pardon me for another silly rambling. It's 9.20 pm and I am waiting for my computer teacher to arrive, so let's write. Write is a verb just like love :)

Anyway, Aunt Merriam offers a couple of definitions for the word-of-the-night and I like this one the most. Catharsis is: "a purification or purgation that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension." Though I must say, I don't quite like to see the word purification and purgation side by side. If we were to delete that 'purge' bit and if anyone were to find some of the postings here as 'a purification that brings about spiritual renewal or release from tension', I would be humbled and grateful. Regardless, writing, to many people is a channel by which they can relieve themselves of tension. It's a good way to de-stress.

We all want a stress free life. I've realized one thing. A sure fire way to a stress free life is to stay cool and not be overly argumentative. Instead, opt to disagree in a friendly way - demur at people's opinions and/or criticisms - just politely disagree. Should people request or suggest something you dislike, just politely decline. Of course to do it politely is the challenging bit, but hey, demur is a verb, just like love. So, just demur if you have to, and just love because you ought to. 

By the way, I have found the best recipe for lamb marinade. Just saying. But seriously, you can ask my English teacher, he will testify anytime :)

Cook for the people you love because love is a verb. So is demur.
Catharsis is a noun. So now we know. 

Good nite y'all.
Wassalamualaikum warahmatullah.


No comments:

Post a Comment