Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Believe in yourself | Believe in your dreams

Bismillah.



Indeed, very true, that saying by Eleanor Roosevelt.

This posting is dedicated to the young ones who have just enrolled themselves in universities/colleges throughout the country. This is the time when there's plenty of movement of young persons who are pursuing their education to a higher level. That's a jihad. Acquiring knowledge is a jihad.

When my family and I were at a uni last weekend, my mom was interviewed on what her hopes were for her granddaughter and the new students. Gosh, I missed that chance. If I was around I would have given a good 10 minutes speech. LOL. But of course my mom spoke well despite having had only six years of formal education. She has a strong aura. People chose to interview her. Recently when we were at a watch boutique, two salespersons nervously stood up when they saw her entering. Those guys didn't give two hoots about entertaining my niece and me. LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to say to the young people out there, be strong, believe in yourself and most importantly, believe in your dreams. You will get to meet people who are discouraging, who will kill your enthusiasm. They will tell you: no you can't do this, you can't do that. Just don't listen to them. 

I am speaking from experience. When I wanted to leave my job to go take a master's degree, someone told me in my face that it's a foolish idea. By the way, that pic above is yours truly in a computer lab at Stirling Uni. The lab was exclusive for my class, 35 of us and we had access to the latest brand new iMac. How cool is that? Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah

Success is sweeter when you have had encountered negative people who told you, you can't. Believe me. Maybe we should gather all the "no you can't do it" people in the world, put them in a can and seal it. Then they will think, oh it's a CAN!

You may notice that name card of mine. Another point you should consider is that, if people don't promote you or make you a CEO, you can always promote yourself. The world is free for anyone to try and do and succeed. The world is for people who believe in a brighter future. The world is meant for dreamers and doers. You are unique because no one can be you, better than you yourself. You are a star, that's why you are here. God has chosen us to be here.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment