Saturday, September 6, 2014

Greetings from KL for my Capetonian friends



Bismillah.

When the Lord wants to give,
He puts it on a table;
I search far and wide for it
Here I found in Cape Town,
a table spread of bounties;

Thoughts of this Mother City
keep dancing on my mind
and love is permanently fixed
as its majestic mountain

Cape Town so blessed
with mazars guarding it pristine
How special it must be in the eyes of God
for it is here in Durbanville
He plants His Rose Garden;
the Fairest Cape
that's what you all are

For one thirsty of secret knowledge
look for a place where two oceans meet
look no farther than Cape Point
and you shall consume all things Divine

O Lord, take me there
to this wonderful place You have created;
Oh my sweet Cape,
my sweet Cape, be mine!

***
A dedication to all my Capetonian friends especially Shaykh Seraj Hendricks. I dream of the day when I get to sit at your feet dear Shaykh and let your presence and words heal and transform me for the better. Ameen.


Heartiest congratulations to Sister N for your newborn baby boy! 31st August - a day to remember. Abu Turaaab is my youngest Capetonian friend : )


Note:
Cape Town is No. 1 on the New York Time's '52 places to go in 2014'.
Pic credit: http://www.capetown.travel/

No comments:

Post a Comment