Friday, October 3, 2014

Ihram | My heart comes before my body

Bismillah.

This year wukuf at Arafah falls on a Friday. Our friends are there, and hopefully they have not forgotten to say a prayer for us here.


Shaykh Dr. Muhammad bin Yahya al-Ninowy in a program on Malaysian TV Al-Hijrah said: Ihram is such a simple gesture, it's just two towels, it's like Allah telling us 'You are all ibadrurRahman'. Being in ihram, God is telling us it's not about your money for the ihram does not have pockets, not big, not small, it's nothing to do with your position, name or fame and it's not about what you look like.

It gives us a glimpse of what things will look like after we depart from the dunya. Wearing the ihram without pockets is like Allah telling us He doesn't need our money. All He needs is that we give Him our heart and soul. So we say labbaikallah....here I come O Allah, I'm answering Your call O Allah, my heart comes before my body, my soul comes before my limbs..." 


No comments:

Post a Comment