Monday, August 31, 2015

Be-You-tiful Malaysia - Happy 58!

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah.
May the Lord bless our forefathers! We would not be where we are today, we would not have achieved what we now have in our hands, had it not been for their sacrifices and dedication.

I am indeed grateful and blessed to be a Malaysian. It means a great deal to be born in this beautiful land, to live here and enjoy all the perks of being a Malaysian. It's wonderful to be travelling the world and come back with a sweeter feeling for the country each time.

I remembered when I was studying abroad and missing home terribly. It's fresh on my mind how sweet it felt when the flight Captain said 'welcome home' and I instantaneously, candidly and wholeheartedly clapped my hands a tad too loud. LOL.

Seriously, we must be grateful and proud that when we say balik kampung we truly have a kampung and that we are not squatting in our own hometown because we have got real grounded roots. That the sense of belonging is real and not just skin deep.

My dear uncle helped fix this flag pole in front of my kampung house in Penang. We had a small Merdeka party tonight and my mother talked somewhat fiercely about her recollections of Malaysia's independence. Indeed we must be grateful for our parents, our grandparents, our ancestors for they had all done their parts in passing the baton of freedom and hope. We must not drop the baton. We should carry it and walk, or run, or crawl if need be, because we are one heart and one soul as far as the future is concerned.



May Allah bless this country and bless us Malaysians with peace and prosperity. Ameen.




No comments:

Post a Comment