Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Book \ Bend

Bismillah.

Ahh... the feeling when you have done it again - read an inspiring book, cover to cover. 

Here's one of many quotable quotes from the book I was reading.





This pic reminds me of beautiful Scotland. Beautiful memories. Alhamdulillah!

Today is a public holiday in Malaysia as we celebrate 'Malaysia Day' and I have spent the day reading, round the clock because:

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends,
they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors,
and the most patient of teachers. 

And thanks to a dear pal, I have got four new books waiting to see their reader. To state the obvious, reading opens up our mind so we broaden our perspective, so we know a bend in the road is not the end of the road. We have got to be flexible and be brave to take the turn. We have got to have positive expectation on what lies as we go around the bend. Because when we have a positive expectation, we can only expect to see something positive. [Hah hah it's been a long time since I last did a 'tautology'].

I'd better stop rambling, get some sleep now and dream about more books.




Doc in Vietnamese means to read.
My holiday is all booked.
p/s Thank you Mr Sibook : ) 




No comments:

Post a Comment