Sunday, November 15, 2015

November winter | 6 degrees

Bismillah.

I learned a new Arabic word today - shita' - means winter. The word reminds me of a friend who must be enjoying November-winter now. 

Alhamdulillahi hamdan yuwafi niámahu wayukafi u mazidah
Indeed the Lord is ultra generous. This, we all must have noticed in the sweetest little little thing - in the way He teaches for example. 

I first noticed the word shita' used as a caption for a picture of winter. And then I received a not-so-good news about one honorable shaykh being ill, then I started looking up for more info on the shaykh and then I found out about a wazifa he had taught concerning Surah Al-Quraish...then I saw the word shita' again. Ah! Subhanallah

Li ila fi Quraish
eela fihim rihlatal shita'-i wassayf...

For the accustomed security of the Quraish
Their accustomed security in the caravan of winter and summer...

***

Reminds me of the theory of six degrees of separation - that everyone or everything is six steps away by way of introduction from any other person in the world.

And because of that [ill] shaykh, I somehow managed to comprehend the meaning of Surah Quraish after having read the translation just twice! I think the shaykh must be a wali or something because even in his sickness, he could remotely 'teach' people. Mashaallah!

May Allah grant him shifa'-e kamela ajela.
Ameen.

***
Shifa' = cure
Shita'= winter
Gosh, the font makes them look the same.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment