Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Al Fatihah | Ahmad R bin Ahmad D

Bismillah.

This is the least I could do for a colleague I have known for 20 years who passed away today 8th of Dec 2015. As far as I'm concerned he had lived up to his good name Ahmad R bin Ahmad D.

You know there are all kinds of men in the corporate jungle. Many of them can be pretty rude towards women. But this colleague of mine is someone I remembered as a polite and well mannered person. He was 56. 

You see, that's all we need to be for people to remember and cherish us - have good behaviors (akhlak). 

My present colleagues were a lil surprised to see me shed tears at the office upon hearing the demise of Ahmad R. Although I rarely interacted with him lately, he remained sweet in my mind because we met circa 1994 and worked on a few projects together when the company was still small.

I never had a real opportunity to treat him lunch so my heart was breaking when I dropped some cash in the collection jar, not far from his lifeless body at the mosque today. 

I humbly ask you to offer Al Fatihah for this friend of mine, one good Ahmad who had lived well carrying the name of Allah's beloved Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam.


  
  
Jazakumullahu khair.


No comments:

Post a Comment