Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Be led by your dreams

Bismillah.

Hi folks,
It's 6.1.2016. It's the 6th day of the new year.
Alhamdulillah, I should give a pat on my back because today I did something brave for the sake of goodness, for the sake of the religion, for the sake of Allah. Alhamdulillah.

It feels good to rid off any mental clouds that hover above one's head. It feels good to speak up for the sake of the truth. It feels good to speak one's mind. It feels good to know when to say no and do so.

Here's a poster borrowed from Exa Publishing FB. Be led by your dreams!



Ahh...I still owe you an update on the Penang Mawlid posting. Please wait. I've got so many things on my plate. We have to go step by step.

By the way, what's your new year resolutions, people? I want to declare mine so that I would stick to it. I have got only one resolution. A major one.

I will NOT buy anymore clothes this year!
No, I won't! 
No, I won't buy anymore clothes in 2016! 
Bismillah, I won't!

I have always been carefree about spending on clothes just because. But it's about time I change the bad habit. It's about time I think about the needs of some underprivileged community I have visited. It's not an easy resolution to have but try I must. Insya Allah.  

My confession: I have got more than enough clothes to keep half of my wardrobe at my Penang home. So I need not pack any clothes when I balik kampung. Enough abaya to wear to majlis ta'alim 7 days a week, if I need to; enough Eid outfits (new/not yet worn dress); enough sleepwear; enough casual wear, ENOUGH. 

The key word is actually qanaah = feeling content with what we have. Feeling satisfied with Allah's blessings. May Allah help us understand and live the true meanings of qanaah. Ameen.

***
By the way, here's another pic from my cycling adventure around George Town last Saturday. Visit Penang yáll - it is a UNESCO's World Heritage site : D

Be led by your dreams!
But remember qanaah!
The tote bag I designed, says: "I am a multi millionaire"
: )
Alhamdulillahi hamdan yuwafi
niámahu wa yukafi u mazidah



No comments:

Post a Comment