Sunday, January 3, 2016

Penang's Mawlid Akbar at Masjid Kapitan Keling

Bismillah.

Assalamualaikum

Dear honorable readers,

It's two minutes past midnight. I was at Masjid Kapitan Keling about six hours ago for a grand mawlid event. Alhamdulillah praise be to Allah for granting tawfiq so I was able to attend the majlis even though I was exhausted from my excursion around Georgetown.

My spirit is willing but my body is weak. Would like to post something beneficial I picked up at the blessed event but I have got no more energy left now. Will, afterwards, share with you a couple of lessons from tausiyah given by Habib Ali Zainal Abidin Al Hamid and Habib Dr Abdul Kadir al-Habshi of Singapore who was standing in for Habib Hassan al-Attas.

One profound thing I heard Habib Dr Abdul Kadir bin Muhammad al-Habsyi said was: Do not choose a seemingly knowledgeable person as your guru if he could not do these four things to you:
- make you have more yaqin based on knowledge
- make you think more about akhirah than dunya
- make you leave your pride and become more tawadhuk
- teach and guide with love

Actually there are five points but the habib had forgotten the fifth one and was humble to admit it.

Habib Ali Zainal Abidin elaborated verses of the Quran recited by the imam of Penang State Mosque during the opening, about being strict towards the unbelievers and being loving with the believers.



To be continued, insha Allah.



No comments:

Post a Comment