Saturday, April 16, 2016

The kid in us | Mount Fuji

Bismillah.

Assalamualaikum

Hi folks,

I can't resist posting from the foot of Mount Fuji : )

Earlier today, we were at Disneyland Tokyo. The last time I visited Disneyland was in Los Angeles about 25 years ago. But the thrill at Disney Tokyo today felt just the same even though I have aged LOL. No, of course I was not the only adult who let "my hair down" and put on a Mickey/Minnie head gear.  

From the land of fun, we traveled to the foot of the most beautiful mountain I have ever seen - Mount Fuji. I think what makes it stands out is that it's a single peak mountain (volcano) capped with snow.

Tomorrow, we are going to climb (on a coach) to the nearest spot possible, Insha Allah, bi-iznillah.

Here are some photos. Oh, we all wore Yukata for dinner tonight. And what's for dinner? It's Hokkaido crab. I'm not really into crab but it was special to have had dinner wearing Yukata [felt special donning this traditional Japanese outfit for the first time], and of course it was special to have had dinner in the company of magnificent Mount Fuji.

Rabbana ma khalata haza batila 
subhanaka faqina aza bannar

Hope to share more photos of my trip to this Land of the Rising Sun soon insha Allah.

The Minnie in me 
The sun setting behind Mount Fuji.
Mount Fuji is about 1000 meter shorter than Malaysia's Mount Kinabalu
which is the tallest mountain in South East Asia


That's Yukata on me. It's simpler  (more casual) than
the elaborate and pricey Kimono.
The hotel where we were staying
provided Yukata for all their guests
and so everyone wore one for dinner : )

Good nite!
Oyasuminasai!


p/s
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Japanese people and everyone in Kyushu Island (South of Japan) who has been affected by a 6.5 Richter scale earthquake yesterday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment