Thursday, September 22, 2016

Candle in the Wind | What's your craft?

Bismillah.

"And it seems to me,
you lived your life
like a candle in the wind
never fading with the sunset
when the rain set in...."

Which path did you take today?

As I was buying breakfast for me and mom, I heard someone sang this song, and that moment charted a series of unexpected wonderful moments for the rest of the day. 

It's common to have buskers at my regular breakfast joint on weekends. Thus I was a little surprised when I heard a beautiful male voice singing "Candle in the Wind" this morning. My eyes hurriedly search for the singer who appeared to be almost hiding behind a pillar. He was alone. The buskers I had seen performing there was a group of veterans. I'd never seen this gentleman before.

I was moved and a little puzzled, why today? It's Thursday. I thought this person might have a special need today, so he decided to turn up and do his thing. One craft he is good at is singing, obviously. So, there he was. 

It suddenly dawned on me that Allah has given him a craft so different from mine. I have got a permanent job - the only job I know how to do. But I was late for work. This guy was early, already out there sharing his craft. He beat me! 

There for a short while, our paths crossed. I was mesmerized by the lovely song he sang, Sir Elton John's song which many of us are so familiar with - "And it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind..."

I handed him a small token in exchange for the beautiful moments of awakening and gratitude. I was sincerely moved and joyfully entertained by his honest performance and the rawness of his craft. 

Frankly speaking, I usually give $X to buskers. But I was so touched by his presence so I gave him $YY.
     
The feel-good vibes I bagged in the morning stayed with me throughout my busy day at the office. Guess what? Just before I called it a day, I got an unexpected gift, worth five times more than what I gave away to that busker! Subhanallah. Allah Al Latif. Allah Kareem

And someone randomly told me - "Heaven is your reward Eza, for taking care of your mother." Ameen I said : ) 

Absolutely grateful that the Lord made me walk the path I took today. The Lord teaches us in the subtlest of ways. The Lord grants us in the most gentle of ways. Subhan is Allah.





"Red candle" in KL tonight.

p/s
The day after: I got another unexpected gift worth five times more than what I gave away, so that makes the total reward tenfold! Subhanallah! Allah's words about sadaqah are so true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment