Wednesday, September 7, 2016

La ilaha illallah to the number of raindrops |WIP

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah thank God it's a new day. It's raining in KL this morning post-Subuh so we say Allahumma soyyiban nafiá. May Allah pour all that is beneficial. Ameen.

Kuala Lumpur from my balcony
7 Sept 2016 @ 6.30 am
I purposely shift the angle to the right, omitting the KLCC twin towers so you could see the newly refurbished Masjid Kampung Bahru which is brightly lit throughout the night. Let's see if you could spot a minaret in blue lights.

Masjid Kampung Bahru, KL
 bathed in colorful lights
Congrats to the mosque committee and the generous donors
Of course I am proud of my local mosque, I appreciate and didn't mind the inconvenience during its refurbishment phase because it's all for our own good eventually. And like most (some) people living in KL I never mind the ongoing and never ending road/highway/LRT/building constructions, because it's a city which is a work-in-progress (WIP). 

I am not bothered that one young super gorgeous Malaysian celebrity had just removed her hijab, not unknowingly of the implications vis-a-vis her religion. I am just bothered that there are many self appointed ustaz and ustazah who thrashed her as if they are God/maksum and as if they knew she would have a bad ending (suúl khatimah), as if they (the self appointed ustaz/ustazah) are bloody sure they would have a husnul khatimah.

We are all WIP, aren't we? You may have heard about Amitabh Bachchan's heartfelt letter to his granddaughters. I just want to quote two Bachchan's sentences here: "Don't live in the shadows of people's judgments. Make your own choices in the light of your own wisdom."

As a weak Muslim, I just wanna pray for hidayah and tawfeek from Allah and of course husnul khatimah. I am pretty sure the celebrity who shunned her hijab, still have faith and would make similar duá

I am guessing our Lord knows we are work-in-progress. He knows what's in our hearts. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows us better than those strangers/self-appointed self-righteous people out there.

OK folks, wish yáll a productive Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment