Saturday, December 3, 2016

Hameediyah Restaurant - Penang's Jewel In the Crown

 Bismillah.

Gosh...some of our ardent readers expect me to post a lil something from Penang but it's 11 pm and I'm catching 40 winks as I sit and compile my photos of the one and only Hameediyah Restaurant in Penang. It's legendary the resto. It was established even before my parents came into this world. It has been around since 1907. They have been at Campbell Street in Penang for as long as I can remember. The food there is not quite the same as it used to be when I was a kid. Many people would agree with me. 

But just recently they have opened a new branch in Butterworth near my sister's place. And my oh my...they have made a great comeback indeed! I am a Penangite and like most Penangites, I have got Indian blood and we are so used to eating great food here on this lovely island. If people like me suggest you should go to the Hameediyah's new outlet at Butterworth then you gotta run there LOL.

Hameediyah is the oldest Nasi Kandar in Penang. Those other Nasi Kandars sold outside of Penang that are not Penang-related, they are just a wanna-be, they are pseudos LOL. [What is a Nasi Kandar? Scroll to the bottom]

***
Good morning folks,
Okay so here are some photos of the newly opened Hameediyah Restaurant at Butterworth, Penang.

Established in 1907
Hameediyah is run by the Rawtheer clan

A big image of their legendary branch on Campbell Street
adorns the new outlet
They have got their own poultry farm I am told.
My favourite dishes include Chicken Onions, Dhall, Prawns, Grated Coconut Paste and Beef Kurma.



109 years of original recipe

The Rawtheer clan who contributed to Penang's remarkable culinary reputation.
The praiseworthy Hameediyah Restaurant is now into its 7th generation. 

So we learn from establishments like Hameediyah that having a relentless dedication, perseverance and passion can take you really far on the path of success. But it's not just about oneself or one's clan, it's about adding value and bringing happiness to other people's lives as well.

Penangites are really blessed that we have grown up and we grow old on good food and good vibes. Alhamdulillah we praise Al Hamid, for giving us a happy, spicy inspiring life : )


p/s
During my first trip to the new Hameediyah outlet, I met another Hameediyah fan, a pious friendly lady who taught me a duá, out of the blue.
God bless her heart, she is a widow who cares for her 90 year old mother and a younger brother who's a PWD (person with disability). She and her brother visit the new Hameediyah once a week. It's their entertainment, it's their escapade.

p/s
The other good reason for Malaysians/tourists from abroad to visit Penang is of course the newly officiated Design Village premium brands outlet which is located just before you get on the second Penang Bridge. Design Village is a lot bigger, better and cozier than the Johor Premium Outlets. Hoping the rest of the shops at Design Village will open a.s.a.p.
But wait no more folks, go north, visit Penang, it's a wondrous place for you and me 😁💜

__________


Nasi Kandar got its name from men going around carrying on their shoulder, a pot of white rice and all the spicy accompaniments on two baskets, as shown in picture below. In modern days, Nasi Kandar is sold at stationary instead "mobile stalls". 





No comments:

Post a Comment