Sunday, December 18, 2016

Prayers for Aleppo | 'Tis NOT the season to be jolly

Bismillah.




It's not freezing cold here where I live. I am not hungry. I am not one of them, some 30,000 brothers and sisters in Aleppo who are waiting for the bus so they could evacuate. There might not be enough buses. Even if they're lucky to get on one, the bus might not even depart. Even if the bus departed, they would not know at which point in time, some crazy folks would attack them. Is there a car? Is walking an option? How do they flee now?

Thank God I am not, you are not, one of the tens of thousands of Syrians who are presently stranded in Aleppo. I am a spoiled narcissistic moron who just came back from KLCC, a stone's throw away from my comfy crib. I am a selfish idiot who had just eaten my favorite Inari salad and some hot pastas for lunch. My brothers and sisters in Aleppo are very hungry. They don't care about their homes or their belongings anymore. But I am one self-obsessed fool thinking about my home reno project and thinking what else I could buy during this festive season. I have been thinking about Oroton gold casing for my phones. Shame on me.

I am having toasts with some delicious Australian Moondarra Cranberry & Macadamia cheese and Apricot & Almond cheese...as I type this, whereas tens of thousands Aleppo evacuees and God knows how many thousands of children are cold and hungry at this moment. I am such a self-absorbed dolt. I wasn't aware of the Aleppo crisis until just now.

How long will these children have to wait
until any morsel of food reach them?
One bus can take 50 people. There are 30 or 40 thousands evacuees.
How many more days until they get to a safe zone,
forget chic cozy homes! 
  
Yes I am feeling like one vain self-centered person.
What can a vain self-centered person do?
I am no pious Muslim woman.

At this moment, I am just thankful that Allah has made it easy for me to memorize this salawat taught by Habib Umar bin Hafiz. It's the only thing that came to mind, when I read about the sorrows of Aleppo.

We can't do much really, but we can make salawat and tawasul with Rasulullah salallah alaihi wasalam that through him, by him salallah alaihi wasalam, Allah would support us and ALL Muslims through the secrets of: That Allah may support you with a mighty support!  





I pledge to recite this salawat and keep in mind, keep in the heart, our brothers, sisters and children of Aleppo who are hoping and waiting to flee for safety and those who could be fleeing for safety this moment.

I urge you, dear readers, please learn, memorize and recite this salawat so that Allah will support all Muslims with a mighty support. None is in the best position to support them during these extremely difficult moments, save Allah, through His Beloved Messenger Muhammad salallah alaihi wasalam.

Come on, drop those selfie sticks. 'Tis is NOT the season to be jolly. 


اللَّهُمَّ يا نعْمَ المَوْلى ويا نعْمَ النَّصِير 

صَلِّ وسَلِّمْ عَدَدَ عِلْمِكَ على سَيِّدِنا مُحَمَّدٍ 

مَنْ جَعَلْتَهُ لَنا حِرْزاً حَرِيزاً،

 و على آلِهِ و صَحْبِهِ وانْصُرْنا بِهِ والمُسْلِمينَ

 بِأَسْرَارِ — ويَنْصُرَكَ اللهُ نَصْراً عَزِيزاً


O Allah, O Best of Protectors and Best of Supporters, 
bestow prayers and peace to the amount of Your knowledge 
upon our Master Muhammad, 
the one You made for us an impregnable fortress 
and upon his family and companions, 
and by him support us and all Muslims 
through the secrets of 
'That Allah may support you with a mighty support.'


Allahumma ya ni'mal mawla wa ya ni'mal nasir 
salli wa salim 'adada 'ilmika 
'ala sayyidina Muhammad 
man ja'altahu lana hirzan harizan 
wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi 
wansurna bihi wal muslimina 
bi asrari: wa yansurakallahu nasran 'aziza

#prayforSyria
#prayforAleppo
#tisnottheseasontobejolly


No comments:

Post a Comment