Wednesday, May 17, 2017

17 May - Happy World Telecommunication Day

Bismillah.


Yes, 17 May is a big day for those who work in the telecommunications industry. It's a day that is officially known as World Telecommunication & Information Society Day (WTISD). 

Of course, we all have something to do with today, cos we all cling to our mobile phones and breathe on internet connection 24/7. LOL. Phones and Internet connectivities are like our life and love lines.

According to the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), the purpose of WTISD is "to help raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of the internet and other information and communication technologies (ICT) can bring to societies and economies, as well as of ways to bridge the digital divide."

I remembered the year when mobile phone became available in Malaysia circa 1989/1990, I talked on the phone with a friend who was studying in USA for hours and the bill came up to RM15K! LOL. But I'd like to think that my late father had forgiven me for my silliness and that I have redeemed myself. LOL.

So the next time you use a mobile phone to speak with your loved ones or when you use the internet for whatever reasons, think of me as one of the millions staff of the telecoms industry worldwide who devote our energy and time so that you stay connected and informed : )

Ah...but I might be leaving this industry soon bi-iznillah.

Says: Dan Oswald
[Hope you like my custom posters.
Yes, I try my best to craft fresh posters/contents every day.
It's fun.]

No comments:

Post a Comment