Friday, May 19, 2017

Bless all octogenarians

Bismillah.

"If a young man honors an old person on account of his age, Allah appoints someone to show reverence to him in his old age."
- Prophet Muhammad salallah alaihi wasalam

Alhamdulillah, I feel blessed to associate myself with a couple of octogenarians and those who are in their 70s. These men/women are not only respected for their age, but also for their vast knowledge, specialized skills, and good manners.

Yesterday, I had one special octogenarian visiting my humble crib. He left us with amazing words of encouragement and inspiration. He quoted the late all-rounder legendary artist Tan Sri P. Ramlee: "What you are doing is noble and it's a valuable art, do it with much honesty, as said P. Ramlee: Art is one of Allah's craft, carry it out truthfully."

About 30+ years from now, bi-iznillah, I hope I'll still get to mingle with the youngsters to benefit from their knowledge, motivation, and zest for life; that I would still be relevant to them.

I pray we will all live up to 80, too, and be given plenty of sustenance, wisdom, freedom, mobility, and good health. That the youngsters would be sensitive towards our feelings and honor us as we honor the elderlies when we are young. Ameen.


Allahummaj 'al au sa'a rizqika
 'alaiya 'inda kibari sinni wan qitho'i umuri

  

p/s
We should also pray so that Allah grant us the consciousness to behave according to our age. I hope I will not be like some of those women pushing 60 with "waffled" drooping eyelids yet are not shy about putting on eyeshadow. May we remain sensible in our appearance befitting our age.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment