Friday, May 12, 2017

Breakfast at Mazenah's | Super Bright Friday

Bismillah.

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a popular song by Deep Blue Something, some of you might know.

Breakfast at Mazenah's - that's what I did this wonderful Friday morning : )

Breakfast at Mazenah Cafe
Gelugor, Penang

I love sharing happy photos as much as I enjoy and appreciate the good life Allah has given me. Alhamdulillah! To be honest, I kinda like it, to know that there are spies who are always waiting to scrutinize my photos and they do it over and over like they can't get enough of me LOL. But I doubt the ill-hearted spies have anything good to comment, so I wanna thank them for giving up their good deeds for my sake. [Thank you TTDI folks! You know who you are. But you shouldn't demand stuff from your spouse just to keep up with others : P]

We all love being real and speaking our minds, don't we? I especially love speaking up against people who try to bully other people. In yesterday's blog post we learned relevant prose in the Nisfu Shaaban du'a, that we ask Allah to "make us rise against those who oppress us, that Allah help us against those who show animosity towards us."

I like this saying by Ryan Holiday as it keeps me grounded in my own business and goals.
"In your control: the effort, the energy, the aim.
Not in your control: the results, the response, the rewards."

It's good to keep focusing on things that are within our control: to keep putting in the effort; keep the energy level up, and to stick to our aims, regardless of the circumstances.

The results, the response, and the rewards will be good for as long as we keep believing that good things are on their way. 

Let the haasid envy and backbite etc. that is not in our control, but that surely is an indirect reward for us ; )

"Just to live is a blessing.
Just to be is holy."
-  A.J. Heschel

Wish y'all a super bright Friday.

***

"Always say what you mean and mean what you say. Express what you feel and don't ever apologize for being real."
-  @InspowerMinds

p/s
Err...yes, but express yourself in a classy manner. Don't babble/nag/shout continually every other day like some Umi 'Aain. They think by talking non-stop they are in control of situations and people around them but in actual fact, it reflects how silly and insecure they are 🤣


No comments:

Post a Comment