Saturday, May 6, 2017

Damn the evil eyes - the haasid and the 'aain

Bismillah.

I have to admit, I am an introvert and I don't like aimless "networking" but it's inevitable. On occasions, we find ourselves being in a crowd we are uncomfortable with. I know it's considered rude to not look at a person in the eyes when talking. But wallahi, I have never met a person, a man, who looked at me sharp and straight in the eyes like he was trying to cast a spell on me.       

So I thought, let's remind myself of the danger of evil eyes. I found this information shared by Sister Khawlah bint Yahya very useful. She is from the "Understand the Quran Academy". May you benefit from it too.

"Everyone who puts the evil eye on another is envious, but not every envier puts the evil eye on another. The word haasid (envier) is more general in meaning than the word 'aain (one who puts the evil eye on another), so seeking refuge with Allah from the one who envies includes seeking refuge from Him from the one who puts the evil eye on another. The evil eye is like an arrow which comes from the soul of the one who is envied and on whom the evil eye is put; sometimes it hits him and sometimes it misses. If the target is exposed and unprotected, it will affect him, but if the target is cautious and armed, the arrow will have no effect and may even come back on the one who launched it." [Ibn al Qayyim, Zaad al-Ma'aad]   

Read on here:
http://understandquran.com/protect-ourself-evil-eye.html

I must thank my late father for teaching me one of the things to do as advised by Sister Khawlah, that is to recite A'uzubika lima tillah hitamma min shar rima kholak.
 أعوذ بكلمات الله التامات من شر ما خلق

I seek refuge in the complete words of Allah from the evil in what He has created.
And...
Ameen.

p/s
Watch out ya makcik & pakcik.
Beware of the evil arrow that returns to you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment