Sunday, May 28, 2017

Quran Marathon

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah, at the time of writing (Saturday 11pm), most Malaysians have just completed the teraweeh prayers.

I have a confession to make, the moment I reached home from the mosque, this is what I hunted for - my post-teraweeh snacks. LOL. We all have our own favorite food for iftar, late night snacks and sahur, I'm sure. 


Meat floss in Spring Roll wrappers
- a friend made these yummies.
Excuse me the photo has nothing to do with the posting subject 😂

But I don't feel guilty snacking cos today I did pretty well with the Quran marathon ; )

Yes, Alhamdulillah, this posting is a special shout out to my Quran teacher. He has trained me pretty well since Nov last year, so I am now capable of reading one juzuk/chapter in one sitting which takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes on average. One sitting in the morning and one before iftar, so 2 chapters a day went by like a song - thanks to him!

May Allah grant him His secret knowledge and gnosis and fulfill his dream to complete a second degree in Islamic Studies. Just imagine someone with a BSc. from a uni abroad can be so talented in teaching the Quran that he has received teaching certs from several state authorities. That shows we must stay true to our own personal interests regardless of our academic qualifications.

I have also noticed that it's good to read one chapter of the Quran ahead of time so that when you go for teraweeh you will become familiar with what the imam recites. For example, on day two of teraweeh we should read Chapter Two during the day because that's what the imam would usually recite on the second night. Let's try. We won't know our real capabilities unless we keep trying. May Allah give us plenty of stamina to run the Quran Marathon until the finish line. Ameen.

OK good night folks.

Ramadan Kareem!


No comments:

Post a Comment