Monday, August 14, 2017

Wings to fly | Malaysia my home

Bismillah.

It's August. It's a special month for Malaysians. We as a nation will turn 60, come 31st of August 2017.

Sixty is a nice sounding significant number. It sounds kinda sexy. It's a pretty serious number though. How would you expect a 60-year-old person to be in terms of character and behavior, mentally and physically?

A country that is 60 years old already, that's what we are. We have done pretty well, methinks.

What does home - Malaysia - mean to me? I would like to quote Dalai Lama:


Yes, Malaysia has given me wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.
I feel loved. The country loves me and I love her, absolutely.

I have benefited from a good and cheap education offered by the country.
Benefited from a handsome scholarship to study abroad.
Benefited from lots of perks of working at a Government-linked company.
So, yes, the country has given me wings to fly.
Coming back to my roots is "a journey" I cherish every time.
The feeling you have when the flight captain says: To all Malaysians, we say 'welcome home'.
And of course, there is no reason NOT to stay. Nay.

I say to my fellow countrymen - stay beautiful, stay grateful, stay you!

Happy Merdeka.
Let's enjoy our birth month. Enjoy August!


No comments:

Post a Comment