Friday, October 13, 2017

14:40 & 14:41

Bismillah.

Assalamualaikum folks

On this blessed day, I wish to remind myself of these two important verses from Surah Ibrahim which I came across at Subuh today. Alhamdulillah, I am grateful for this new discovery and thought I should share so that Allah will grant more useful knowledge.

I am not very pious, I didn't have proper Islamic teachings when I was growing up, did not graduate from Islamic colleges like some of our learned readers, hence I get easily excited whenever I discover something new in the Quran.

I may be wrong, but I think most people memorize and recite frequently the dua from verse 40 of Surah Ibrahim - "My Lord, make me steadfast in Salah, and my offspring as well. And my Lord, grant my prayer."

But not the dua from verse 41. So let's pay attention to both verses 40 & 41 of Surah Ibrahim.


I didn't know until this morning that the verse following the popular dua about being steadfast in performing salah,  is an equally significant dua.
"Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and ALL BELIEVERS on the day when reckoning shall take place." - Quran 14:41


Subhanallah, I think one who recites this must be very generous and thoughtful.

Let's be among those who are generous and thoughtful.

On the Day of Reckoning (Yaumul Mahsyar) we might be panicky thus are only concerned about our own fate, but here while we are still in this realm, we could recite this dua for ourselves, our parents and everyone - all believers.

I am thankful to have found this verse.
May Allah increase our knowledge and understanding.

Rabbi zidni ilma war zuqni fahma.

Wish y'all a blissful Friday.
😁

#ithankAllahforthetawfikboost
#fastabiqulkhairat

No comments:

Post a Comment