Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Character

Bismillah.

Character is believing in oneself. That I learned when I met face to face with some beautiful souls. 

You know a soul is beautiful when you see contentment in the person's eyes. Regardless of their outward circumstances, they are at peace. They are at peace with themselves. They are at peace with their surroundings. And I believe they are at peace with their Lord too.     

When you see such a soul you'd understand better why it's said that richness is not defined by what you possess. But richness is when you are satisfied with what you have. And the smile and the look on your face and the twinkle in your eyes, say it all.

Came across a tweet quoting Roosevelt: "I care not what others think of what I do. But I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character."

When I chanced upon this lovely woman in the photo below, she seemed busy and confident going about her day. Without hearing a word from her, the message I got from her very being was: Just do. Just be.

Sometimes in life especially to us urbanites, the seemingly well off people, we fail to appreciate what we have in our hands. Yet we want more. Perhaps we should heed the unwritten/unspoken lesson from this woman of character - the dweller of that little hut - that regardless of circumstances, if indeed we could let go of our attachments to the things we think we own, regardless of their state - luxurious or otherwise, then we can just BE. And then we can just go about doing whatever it may be and be at peace.  




No comments:

Post a Comment