Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Listening to the song of my soul

Bismillah.

What's singing in your soul this moment?
Hmm...beautiful...
when the heart whispers in the mother's tongue
Nothing is more beauteous than that, surely!
For melodies of the heart
and the rhythm of the soul
are in congruent since eternity.

And THAT it is, which each soul seeks:
of joy, tranquillity,
love, beauty;
these are mere names hiding the Reality
of the Essence,
of Its absolute existence;
Glory be His Face,
hidden amidst a myriad of appearances;
Glory be His Face,
united in unison.

O Lord, my Creator,
Verily, You have created me;
I who never existed
now appear to know You;
the I who seemed forgetful
becoming more aware
at witnessing You.

Oh how true,
all praise and gratitude
are solely for You,
only for You!
_____________
Note: A translation of a Malay poem which was posted a couple of days ago as requested by "No. 1 Fan". Awakened in the middle of the night to do this. Hope my English teacher is happy too.



No comments:

Post a Comment