Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life purpose | Making a difference

Bismillah.

What makes you tick? What makes you forget about the world around you? The very thing that makes you forget the world around you, hence focus on the thing that makes you tick, has got to be your life purpose.

That's my summary of an article by Lifehack on Seven Powerful Questions To Help You Find Your Life Purpose. It got me thinking and writing again. Although it's more rambling than writing. 

At the back of my mind, I know I should be writing about an imam of a mosque in Vietnam. He is a convert. He reverted to Islam at the age of 17. Thanks to his father who first embraced Islam and made a good impression on him. The imam told me, as a matter of fact, that his father first heard about Islam while being detained in Malaysia. He (the father) was literally intoxicated at that time yet he was attracted to the words he overheard about the religion. He was among hundreds of immigrants who were detained that week. He overheard one ustazah speaking about Islam and got attracted to it. He secretly sat in a corner to listen. He was hiding because of the state he was in. When the ustazah caught him hiding and listening, he was asked "Would you like to accept Islam?" He said: "Yes, but I will come back to see you on Monday when I should be in a better state." He was a little drunk then. As promised, he went to see the ustazah, inquired more about the deen and accepted it. That took place in 1993. A couple of years after, upon returning to Vietnam, he brought his 17 year old son to consult one pious man and the son too embraced Islam. The son, after having undergone some training in Cambodia and Malaysia, is now imam of a mosque in Vietnam and is making a difference to the community in Ho Chi Minh City. He found his life purpose. What about us?



Also at the back of my mind, are some inspiring stories of the honorable Spanish guests I received last Monday. Oh well, what I am trying to say is that I wish I had published more postings on my recent meetings and experiences. Must try harder to make it happen.

***

Today 28.2.2015 is the last day of Feb.
Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah for a fabulous month.
Let's march on!



        

No comments:

Post a Comment