Thursday, June 22, 2017

Ramadan Ramblings (again) | Port of happiness

Bismillah.

We are all in a festive mood already here at the "Port of Happiness" - my kampung (village) in Gelugor, Penang.

The highlight is of course great food as in the photo below - a pot of happiness that is. LOL. Scrumptious biryani with tomato chutney. 



Pot of happiness - anytime, every time

Just can't resist another Ramadan ramblings.
I was out and about in Little India in George Town hunting for spice. When I was driving on Queen Street, I could not help but pull over to grab the biryani from Tajuddin Hussain Restaurant. That pot of happiness above is Tajuddin's.

If you are looking for good carpets, Vipin on Chulia Street is a top choice. According to my mother Vipin Carpets was already operating when she started working on Bishop Street. That's like four or five decades ago!

Carpetin' at Vipin
Pomade (hair cream) tubs hanging from trees
in front of the now uber-popular barber in Penang
Son & Dad's
I think I have become the "famous aunty" who accompanies her
nephews at the barber.
I must say the Son & Dad's are super talented cos they
make me wish I was a boy so I could have a haircut there.  

Ah, don't forget to check out Areca bookstore on Kapitan Kling Road.

Areca bookstore - so chic!

Oh, by the way, this year, my guests will receive a special postcard. It's a reproduction of the customized artwork on my wall which I had personally designed. 

Empowering Asmaul Husna
Ar Rahman, Ar Razak, Al Wahab, Al Mughni,
Al Kareem, Al Mujib, An Nafi, Al Basit

OK, folks, I wish you are all having awesome experiences too. May we remain grateful, and may Allah grant us more. Ameen.



No comments:

Post a Comment