Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I love you not (Loving Allah & Rasulullah instead)

Bismillah.

O son, I'd be lying if I say I love you for how can I love you when Allah loves you more than I do, so know that I love you not. I'd also be lying if I say I love you when Allah loves you 70 times more than I do.

When you are thirsty and in need of food or drink, do not ask from me, ask Him first, say "O Allah, I need some milk', then ask for it from your mother. It is He who makes me be thoughtful and caring towards you. I will thus bring what you need for you. So, be reliant on Allah, not on me, for He is the ultimate Provider.

Be like Zainab, the daughter of Saidina Ali. She asked her father, 'O father, do you love us?' Ali said, 'Of course I do!' Zainab said, 'How can you love us and love Allah in the same heart? How about you love Allah in your heart and you take care of us.'
Zainab is certainly right for "Allah has not made for any man two hearts inside his body...' (Al-Ahzab, 4).

O son, the only other love you are allowed to have in your heart is the love for Rasulullah s.a.w. And know that I will only consider you my son after you have dreamed of Rasulullah s.a.w.

To achieve that you must do salawat as many times as you can. 'Dala'il Khairat' is the key. Learn it by heart and recite it daily. It is the best inheritance a mother could give a son and it is the only inheritance a son needs.

Still after you have dreamed of the Prophet, I might not yet consider you my son until you tell me you have seen Rasulullah s.a.w in person. To achieve that you must continue making a lot more salawat. Once you have done that and become successful, I will know that you are ready for anything and you will have become my true son.

This is what you must learn to do and achieve. This is the training given to the children of the salafus soleh and I am sure you want to be like them too. The Prophet s.a.w has said that 'one is not considered a Mukmin until one loves Rasulullah more than he loves his parents, his children or anyone else.' The Prophet also said that, 'None of you will believe until I am dearer to him than his own soul.'

O son, when you have grown to be a true son and a true Mukmin, you will understand why I cannot say I love you and in that very same understanding you will come to realize how much I care about you!


# The story of Dalail Khairat by Sheikh Nuh Ha Mim Keller.
# Reference on Salafsus Soleh method on training children - Habib Naqib bin Hamid.
# On the necessity of loving the Prophet by Qadi Iyad.

2 comments:

  1. I wish to proclaim the bounty of my Lord by saying shukur Alhamdulillah to have been given ijazah for Dala'il Khairat on 1st March 2009. Though I feel a little behind at this age :( Anyhow, I encourage you readers to get hold of it and let's all be istiqamah in practising this marvelous salawat, Ameen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting quoted from "I love Allah":
    Imam Ibn Taymiyyah
    Al-'Ibaadah which we are commanded to perform includes the meaning of humility and love, it contains extreme humility before Allah (SWT) together with the extreme love for Him (AWJ). The uppermost level of love is the extreme adoration (Tatayum) and its lowermost level is the interest, because the heart is first interested in the beloved. After the interest comes the affection, then the love, and finally the extreme adoration. In Arabic "Taym-u-Allah" (the adorer of Allah) is used to mean "Abd-u-Allah" (the worshiper of Allah) because the adorer is the one who yields completely to his lover.

    One who submits to someone with hatred is not worshiping him. And one who loves someone without submitting to him is likewise not worshiping him; this is like a man who loves his son and friends. Therefore, neither love nor submission alone are sufficient in worshiping Allah (SWT). Allah (AWJ) must be loved most by Al-'Abd and He (SWT) must be the greatest of all in his sight. Nothing deserves complete love and submission except Allah (AWJ). It is a futile love when anything has been loved for other than the sake of Allah (SWT). And whatever has been highly regarded without it being by the Command of Allah, its glorification is rejected.

    The love for Allah (SWT) and Ar-Rasool (SAAWS) should override any other love.
    Allah (SWT) said:

    "Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and Fighting in His Cause; then wait until Allah brings about His Decision (torment). And Allah guides not the rebellious folk." [At-Tawbah:24]

    Thus, the essence of love should be due to Allah and His Messenger, so too with the obedience. For the obedience is due to Allah (AWJ) and His Messenger, and pleasing is due to Allah and His Messenger,
    "But it is more fitting that they should please Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad SAAWS) if they are (true) believers." [At-Tawbah:62]
    _____________________________________

    ReplyDelete