1. Whoever shuns vain talk gains wisdom.
2. Whoever has control over the roving eyes attains humility and humbleness (khusyuq) of the heart.
3. Whoever shuns gluttony attains the true taste of 'ibadah (worship).
4. Whoever shuns jokes his face is illuminated.
5. Whoever shuns this world gains love of the Hereafter.
6. Whoever refrains from finding flaws with the mysteries and signs of Allah the Exalted attains salvation from hypocrisy.
- Sayyidina Umar
O son, may we attain the true taste of ibadah as pious people like Shaykh Hisham Kabbani does.
From: Al-Munabbihat/The Counsel
Translated and edited by Habib Siddiqui
Pic credit: Haqqani Fellowship