Monday, April 4, 2011

Music of the Sufis












Bismillah.

Pardon me O soul
for my heart is still beating the rhythm
of that isle in the south
that abode of a saint
on a tranquil knoll he rests

Habib Nuh bin Muhammad Al-Habshi
I should have known
O habibi
I have fallen
love song strums my inner chords
music of the sufis
make me long to return

You have engraved in me
lyrics so happy
you have put a smile on my face
I know you'll always be there waiting
till I come climbing for your grace

Al Fatihah
Habib Nuh al-Habshi
1788 - 1866
a maestro of
music of the Sufis
______________________________________

p/s Something strange had happened to me. Right before visiting Habib Nuh's maqam for the second time in the morning after the haul event, I had gone to the bank to withdraw SGD $200 with an intention to spend some at the maqam and on whatever else I might need before leaving Singapore. I had in fact spent at least $150. But when I got back in KL and checked my purse, I discovered that I still had SGD $200! Subhanallah! Wallahu'alam!

3 comments:

  1. subhanallah alhamdulillah

    ReplyDelete
  2. assalamualaikum

    I've been to Baalawi,KL 2x, & I think am very fortunate to got to this place although a bit in my life.I feel very happy to have a chance to look at the habaib faces. Do u practice any other thing besides the weekend ceramah (I mean tariqah )Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa'alaikumsalam,
    Alhamdulillah we're indeed lucky to know about a wonderful place like KL-Ba'alawi. The hosts have always been gracious in organizing majlis 'ilm/zikr.
    I was made to understand that Abuya/Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad Alawi Al-Maliki was the one who foretold that the place would become a center for majlis 'ilm.

    Well regarding your query, all I can say is that I try my best to attend majlis zikr/'ilm whenever and wherever possible. I pray Allah will continue to bless me with such opportunity for the rest of my life. InshaAllah.

    Thanks for visiting Lisan al-Din. May Allah shower his endless mercy to you and your loved ones.

    E

    ReplyDelete