Sunday, April 2, 2017

Reading Singapore

Bismillah.

Wish you have had a wonderful weekend as I did.

I have been busy reading this engaging history book. I had first borrowed the book from the KL National Library and after perusing several pages I quickly phoned up Kinokuniya to reserve their only copy on the shelf. I guess what is meant to be ours will be ours by the grace of Allah. Alhamdulillah.

Singapore A Biography
by Mark R Frost and Yu-Mei Balasingamchow
Winner of the Asia Pacific Publishers Association Gold Medal 2010

I find it hard to put down this book which is arguably the most fascinating history book about Singapore. Unlike most history books, this one makes you excited and eager to read cover to cover. Five years from now, if I were to meet a Singaporean who has not read this book, I will say to him/her: shame on you! LOL. I am a Malaysian by the way. 

Why am I reading a history book on Singapore you might ask. It's because it is related to the history of one of the great AwliyaAllah in this region.

We are nobody compared to the great men of the past, suffice that we rejoice in the barakah of mentioning their name loudly or remembering them quietly in our hearts and minds.

Glory be to Allah for allowing the heart to connect with the unseen and the intangibles regardless of time and space continuum.

Wish you a pleasant and productive week ahead. May we spend time reading and increasing our knowledge. Choose to read beneficial materials and not forgetting the Holy Quran.

Rabbi zidni ilma war zuqni fahma.

p/s
Arghhh...blogging on the phone is driving me mad. No.....I have not forgotten you 😉

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything.
You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree.
- Michael Crichton

No comments:

Post a Comment