Thursday, August 12, 2010

2nd Ramadhan 1431 Hijri

Bismillah.

O son, I thought for this year's Ramadhan it would be a good idea to revisit and study Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani's Ramadhan tausiyah which I had quoted and posted last year.

I just did that and picked up this point:
"O my people! Escape to Allah! Flee to Him from creatures and this world, and from everything whatsoever that is apart from Him. Go home to Him with your hearts. Surely you have heard His words: "Do not all things come home to Allah?" (Al-Quran 42:53)

I think that's the feeling we should be having when we go to the masjid, that we are escaping to Allah, that we are going home to Him with our hearts, that we are fleeing from creatures and this world.

I was in a sombre mood while on the way to the mosque last night. Mainly because I was alone without my loyal companion - my mother. She needed to rest at home. And the feeling was different because for the past few years we had been going for teraweeh at our favorite mosque in our hometown. I missed 'our' masjid and our masjid friends back home. Everything felt so strange last night. I knew I was going to cry at anytime, thinking of all that.

But the imam's voice was as beautiful as 'our' imam's, I consoled myself. His recitation was mesmerizing and piercing to the heart that I felt a deep sense of shame that I didn't understand Arabic, that I couldn't understand most of the words he was saying. So I whispered in my heart, begging Allah to grant knowledge, so that I would someday be able to comprehend what I was hearing. Desperately pleading Him, I said: Subhanakala 'ilma lana illa ma 'allam tana innaka antal 'alimul hakim. While I was inwardly distracted by my ignorance and deficiency, suddenly the imam came to the same ayat, Subhanallah! He said the same thing: Subhanakala 'ilma lana illa ma 'allam tana innaka antal 'alimul hakim! It was from Al-Baqarah, I knew it! Oh..tears rolled down my cheeks like waterfall!

'Glory be to You! We know not except what You have taught us. Surely You are the Knower, Wise'.
Let's repeat that:
'Glory be to You! We know not except what You have taught us. Surely You are the Knower, Wise'.
'Glory be to You! We know not except what You have taught us. Surely You are the Knower, Wise'.
Sadaqallah al-Azim.
Allah says the truth!


Read: Lisan al-Din quote of Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani 1st Ramadhan 1430H

No comments:

Post a Comment