Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Take from the hand of the Lord

Bismillah

I have just started doing small business with the aim to take as much as possible from the world to fulfill my needs since we have got plenty of needs. It is a pre-requisite that we sort out our financial standing before we could be present at Arafah and ultimately at the gathering in Yaumul Mahshar because one's debts could be a major hindrance. I am also taking up the business because it is something that pleases my mother InshaAllah.

As I gear up efforts on the new project, I have missed my commitment to blog on time, on a daily basis, I have slacked in this department. I mentioned before that I regard blogging as a job and my wages for this particular job are from Allah. So in total, I have got three jobs now. La quwwata illah billah.

Just a short while ago, I saw a paragraph in 'The Sublime Revelation' which requires me to re-align the objectives of my new venture. InshaAllah. It's something we should all consider doing. His Richness is limitless.

Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani said:
"The people (of the Lord) are in the business of spending freely and making life easier for their fellow-creatures. As professional robbers and givers, they plunder the grace and mercy of Allah s.w.t and give it to the poor and the needy who are in straitened circumstances. They settle the debts of debtors who are unable to pay what they owe. They are the kings, but not the kings of this world, because the latter rob and do not give. The (Lord's) people make the most of what is available, and wait for what is lacking. They take from the hand of the Lord of Truth (Almighty and Glorious is He), not from the hands of creatures, and what they acquire with their hearts is their own. They spend for the sake of Allah, not to satisfy desire and selfish interest, and not to gain praise and acclaim."
- From the 34th discourse of Al-Fath ar-Rabbani


















Translator credit: Allahyarham Muhtar Holland
Credit: Al Baz Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment