Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Preserving a Prophet's innocence


Bismillah.

If indeed, by Allah, we truly know our Prophet Muhammad salallah alaihi wasalam we should profusely profess the salutations to him and his noble family. Our heart connection to him should be sturdy enough that no amount of negative provocation in relation to him, could make us sway from his ways, from sunnah. He was the most kind to his adversaries - the one sunnah which we keep failing to emulate.

Today, some 1400 years after his passing, we are still not able to truly portray the kind of beauty which he had portrayed. We are not doing enough to make others understand why we have a special regard for him.  Instead of acting more so that people could appreciate and respect our faith, we are reacting in a way that make people further misunderstand or misperceive our religion. We do not have the maturity to handle situations in the way that he would expect - not all of us but many of us. Our love or obsession for the most beautiful of creations, does not warrant us to forego the adab (manners) which the Prophet himself had propagated, let alone kill innocent life. 

In times of trouble, of restlessness and of spiritual drought, let's pray so that salawatun Nabi could bring us the much-needed coolness, sanity, and wisdom to our hearts and minds. That it would help put things into perspective, that it would eventually make us comprehend and realize the reality of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and function in the way that would be pleasing to him and Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala.

"O Allah, send blessings upon the Muhammadian essence, which is both subtle and unique, the sun of the sky of secrets, the made visible of the luminescence, the majestic center around which all revolves, the beautiful axis of the firmament. O Allah, by his secret with You, quieten my fears, decrease my faults, remove my afflictions and miserliness. Exist for me and take me to You from me. Grant me annihilation from me. Do not make me lead astray by my nafs, nor make me veiled by my senses. Reveal to me all of the hidden secrets. Ya Hayy, Ya Qayyum."

Sallu 'alan Nabi!

No comments:

Post a Comment