Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My "Cinta" | My love

Bismillah.

Cinta means love. Pronounce chin-ta.

The theme for Malaysia's national day this year is Di Sini Lahirnya Sebuah Cinta. It means "This is where love is born."

This morning as I entered the office lobby, there were people handing out tiny blue cards to staffs - a campaign for the upcoming Independence Day on 31st August. We are to take photos using the blue cards and express our love of the things/people we love - our country, our territory, our city - something, someone.

Tonight as I browsed the book as seen in below pic, I felt certain that I love the Muslim Saints and Mystics. They are simply amazing. It's so easy to love them because they speak the truth. They are a bunch of real, no-nonsense people.

Here's one anecdote of Hatim al-Assam who was a pupil of Shaqiq al-Bakhi, who died in 237 (852).  

"One day a  man came to Hatim and said, "I possess much wealth, and I wish to give some of this wealth to you and your companions. Will you accept?"
"I am afraid." Hatim answered, "that when you die I shall have to say, 'Heavenly Provider, my earthly provider is dead."

LOL
: D

Muslim Saints and Mystics
Episodes from the Tadhkirah al-Awliya'
of Farid al-Din 'Attar
Translated by A.J Arberry

Yes, I love my country, Malaysia : )

No comments:

Post a Comment