Tuesday, March 8, 2016

International Women's Day | 8th March 2016

Bismillah.



This morning I thought it was just another NEW day until someone (a male colleague) sent me a poster and warm wishes in conjunction with International Women's Day which is internationally observed on the 8th of March.

I wonder how many millions more women out there almost missed this important day.

So ladies/girls, you may want to visit
www.internationalwomensday.com 
and choose a pledge.

I pledged to help women and girls achieve their ambitions.

As stated in the website:
As an individual, "a woman can commit advocating for themselves and when appropriate, becoming effective role models and sponsors of women to help them achieve their goals."

I am glad as a career-focused woman, I have got two great female colleagues at the office for my 9 to 5 job. And as the founder of Exa Publishing, I am humbled and proud at the same time that our team is an all-ladies team. And the fact that majority of the videos published on Al Falah TV YouTube channel were recorded, directed and edited by ladies end to end. Alhamdulillah indeed for the tawfiq from Allah subhanahu wa taala.

And more importantly, I am glad I am not one of those women who become a hindrance for the males to independently work hard for the religion and support the sunnah of the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam.

Of course as a woman, we laud our fathers, our forefathers, our uncles and our supportive male colleagues and friends for their positive roles and contributions they have made in our lives.

This world would be a better place if we all work in harmony males and females, and if women were to be given equal chance and recognition as the males. Yes guys, we could do better and we need to do better in terms of gender parity!

As a Muslim woman, I want to be able to raise my hand before the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam and say "I was weak at times but I did try contribute something for the good of the deen."

Lastly, all I want to say is that we may be a woman, but as far as the religion is concerned, we function like a rijal. We give our best efforts, we are committed and we persevere.

: )






p/s

Since there is an influx of French visitors to this blog, double that of Malaysia's traffic, I say:
Bonjour ma cherie : )


No comments:

Post a Comment