Thursday, October 13, 2016

TGIT | You know Yuna?

Bismillah.

Thank God it's Thursday. TGIT.

Because it's October, I don't need to wait til Friday to chill. TGIF does not apply. That's because, praise be to Allah, work-wise, my team and I have delivered some great results already, so we can sort of rest on our laurels and unwind til the year ends. YaHuu!

Maghrib in KL - 12 October 2016
It's sheer delight to be able to see the KL Tower light show every night. The show last night was extra sensational thus I captured a video. But can't promise if it would get uploaded ever LOL.

Ahh...the things we all do to unwind.

I picked up the Elle Malaysia magazine because Yuna was on the cover. In case you didn't notice, she's an A-lister by birth. She's born as Yunalis. YunA-List. She's inherently A-List kind of person.

For the benefit of our foreign readers, Yuna is a Malaysian hijabi singer-songwriter who moved to the States five years ago. Her big talent and perseverance have enabled her to climb the music industry and song charts in the USA. She achieved that while managing hundreds if not thousands of criticisms from her own people - Malaysians. People hurled all kinds of names at her for her signature turban and for one incident involving Usher - partner for her latest hit song Crush. I am not keen to review the episode in detail or mention the ugly names they threw at her. Having read the article in the Elle Malaysia magazine, I thought she spoke up really well, she stood up for herself really really well this soon to be 30 year old lady who  has a degree in Legal Studies. She said: "I don't have time to think about the petty things that people say about me or try and tell me what to do." Yes girl!

Those who thought she's "rubbish" this that, they could be insecure, envious and/or emotionally broke. Yuna probably has more than a million dollars in her bank account. In a Finance mag interview, she was asked what she would do if she had a million, her reply was short and smart - she said she would make another million! I think, ironically, those negative people had picked on her because she's brilliant, brave and never apologetic about being who she is. And the same positive traits have brought her to places which many can only dream about. Yuna said in the Elle interview: "I came from being this very insecure girl to this other person. And now that I'm older, I really don't just give a shit anymore."

Yes girl! That's it! Let those self-righteous and envious critics shout until the cows come home. They probably think they're forever faultless and that they have secured a ticket to heaven. LOL. [BTW, to think that one has no sins, is in fact a sin.]  

You know Yuna? She's inspiring methinks.
"It's 2016, and it has to change. Because we can't live in this environment forever. Having people criticize us and telling us what to do when they have nothing to do with our lives." - Yunalis 

      
Smart girls, lean in!
"I feel a little rush, I think I've got a little crush on you.
I hope it's not too much..."

No comments:

Post a Comment